As summer is winding down I find myself thing about eating healthy and trying to get into a routine at the local gym. This past weekend was the beginning of September, for me that signifies the start of fall. Never mind that the temperatures are still in the high 80’s low 90’s, fall is here! I can see the leaves changing and am getting ready to go back to the orchard to pick out my pumpkin. I went not long ago and picked some apples. I had heard this idea of apples chips several times and it seemed simple enough but a little time consuming. Saturday mornings are when I have a bible study with a couple of other girls. We allow two hours for our study (the exact time needed for this recipe!), we normally run a little over, we like to talk. So I thought it would be a perfect time to try it out, since we were meeting at my place this past Saturday.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. Thinly slice the apples, if you have a mandolin it would be great to use it
3. Once the apples are cut, remove the core from the pieces. I used a small cookie cutter for mine.
4. Place parchment paper over a cookie sheet and place a single layer of the apples down and then sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
5. Place in over for 1 ½ – 2 ½ hours depending on how thick the apple slice are