Ok I may have stretched the title a bit, really if you remove the seeds and meat it not hot at all. Lately though when I’ve been cooking my fire alarm decides to go off. All I think of is that picture of the fire alarm with “Oh you are cooking, let me sing you the song of my people!” written across it. It’s not even like anything is on fire, it’s just being temperamental.
12 large jalapeños
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
Dash of salt
1/4 tsp friend cilantro leaves
1 lb bacon
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Slice jalapeños in half, the long way, remove the seeds and meat. (if you forget the seeds, you’ll be in for a hot surprise!)
3. Shred the mozzarella cheese in a medium bowl and cilantro and the cream cheese. Mix until well blended
4. Cut the slices of bacon in half
5. Take a jalapeño half and fill with the cheese mixture, wrap the half slice of bacon around the pepper, secure with a toothpick. Place the prepared pepper on a clean cookie sheet, repeat until all of the peppers are filled.
6. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!
I made these the other day and they went so fast! The look on my friends teenage sons face when I cautioned them that some still had toothpicks in them was priceless! Thankfully the ones he had eaten had the toothpicks removed. I got the inspiration for the above recipe from Tammys Recipes I changed several things but the filling came from here.