Guys, it’s the last day of the 12 days of Cookies! I’m a bit sad, especially since today I got an awesome secret Santa gift, 4 mason jars filled with 4 different types of cookies!!! I’ll still post them, so not to worry. The sweets I’ve made this Christmas season have been filled with peppermint, and I will seal this cookie event with a kiss, a peppermint kiss to be exact! This starts off with first making some sugar cookie dough, which is the new way I’ll be making those, I could NOT stop eating the dough! . On to the recipe before I get myself in trouble.
Peppermint Kiss Cookie
I first saw the recipe found here
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 ¼ cups butter, softened
1 tsp peppermint extract (optional, I didn’t use this and they were pretty spectacular)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup finely chopped candy cane Kisses
About 30 unwrapped Hershey Candy Cane Kisses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate mixing bowl combine the powdered sugar, butter, extracts and egg, mix until creamy. Add the flour mixture and mix until blended (it may be a bit crumbly) stir in the chopped kisses.
4. Shape the dough into ¾ inch balls and bake for 10-12 minutes
5. Either press the kiss immediately into the cookie from the oven, which will create a ‘puddle’ or allow to cool for several minutes and add the kiss.
**You guys may already know this, but apparently I didn’t. If the cookies are on a cooling rack it is NOT necessary to smoosh the kiss into the cookie. Several of mine did make it before I realized that it was the user (me) that the creating the giant hole in the cookie and not the cookie itself. You can simply just place the Kiss on top of the cookie while it is still warm and the chocolate will melt and bond with the cookie.**
Day 1: Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Day 2: Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
Day 3: Lemon Sugar Cookies
Day 4: Birthday Cookies
Day 5: Candy Cane Cookies
Day 6: Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
Day 7: Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Day 8: Creamsicle Cookies
Day 9: Classic Spritz Cookies
Day 10: Peppermint Chocolate Chip
Day 11: Gingerbread Cookies