I came to love zucchini when I first remember having it as a teenager at a hibachi, yum I still make zucchini and onions in my wok. Being a Chicagoan I love deep dish pizza, however unhealthy it may be for me to consume. I still like to make my own pizza, but by cutting out the crust, I’m cutting down on carbs and calories.
modified from Dashing Dish
2 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
1/8 cup onions chopped
1 tsp garlic
¼ tsp salt
dash of pepper
½ cup tomato sauce (I used fresh cut up tomatoes, blended with salt, pepper, basil and garlic)
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, coat baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cook onions.
3. Scoop seeds from zucchini, places zucchini boats side by side in baking dish.
4. When onions are cooked add tomato sauce and parmesan cheese to the skillet.
5. Sprinkle sauce and onion mixture onto zucchini boats, top with cheese.
6. Bake zucchini boats for 10-12 minutes until cheese is golden brown.